What to Expect - Cary Roof Replacements
For your convenience we have put together some tips as to what to expect when your roof is replaced. Although all these points listed may not affect you, we want to avoid any surprises. We understand that you don’t replace your roof every day. We look forward to serving you.
• If you have valuables in your attic that you would like to protect please consider removing or covering them. When replacing your roof there will be debris falling in your attic from the roof. As nails are driven through the decking the plywood/OSB will splinter from the backside. This is normal. Driving nails through the deck is consistent to code and required by all manufacturers. Ridge vent installation will also drop sawdust and debris. Please consider this before we start.
• Replacing skylights will also cause debris to fall. Please protect the areas under the skylights if they are being replaced. Be aware that if you have popcorn ceilings you may have some flakes drop and could occasionally see a nail pop due to vibrations from the roof.
• Debris will fall in the glass of solar tubes when the roof is replaced. The glass can easily be removed and cleaned following installation.
• You may want to check and or remove delicate items for your walls. At times the vibrations from the roof can shake the walls and cause items to fall. Please be aware of this and take precautions to avoid any damage. We take precautions to avoid this but on rare occasions wall items can fall.
• If you have a small child or baby that needs a nap you may want to make other arrangements. You will hear a tolerable thump, thump, but it still may be a bit noisy for a sleeping child or nervous pet.
• If you have a satellite dish installed on the roof we will make our best attempt to re-position the unit in the same location to acquire the signal. In most cases we are successful. However, we cannot be responsible for a loss of signal if our attempt fails. You may want to contact your service provider prior to installation as back up for acquiring the signal.
• Please keep your vehicles away from the house and roof area during installation. You may want to park on the street to avoid us blocking you in and causing damage to the vehicles or flat tires from nails.
• At times we will find that brick or stone chimneys leak because there are cracks in mortar joints. We do not take responsibility for this but can solve the problem in most cases without having to re-point the chimney. This would be a cheaper option that works but is also an extra charge.
• On occasion when we replace step flashing we will find the siding is either rotted at the bottom touching the roof or is impossible to install without breaking the siding. If this is the case there will be an extra charge for replacing the siding if requested. On most projects there is no need to replace the step flashing within the walls. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or special concerns. We would be happy to help.
GET A QUOTE NOW!!!
Contact Us Today
Monday - 8am-6pm
Tuesday - 8am-6pm
Wednesday - 8am-6pm
Thursday - 8am-6pm
Friday - 8am-6pm
Saturday - 8am-6pm
Sunday - Closed
Cary Roof Replacements
JTC Homes Inc.
Copyright Cary Roof Replacements - Terms And Conditions